Guidelines on Administering ICCR Chairs
Since the 70’s ICCR has been establishing Chairs of Indian Studies at various foreign universities/institution. The objective is to generate intent on India amongst foreign students about and to pursue the long-term goal of creating greater understanding about India and Indian Civilization amongst the global community of academicians and thinkers. The academics/scholars depute to these Chairs not only teaches courses on various aspects of Indian Studies ranging from politics, economics to society & culture i.e. the specific disciplines for which they are sent but also leave pronounce footprints all over the world to evolving a better understanding of India as a whole. Following are the guidelines on administering the Chairs:
- The Chairs are Established Only in Indian Studies and Indian languages through a Memorandum of Understanding with the foreign University.
- The Chairs are deputed from the approved panel of ICCR consisting of experts in the respective subject. In addition, the Council also deputes Chairs based on the suggestion of the host University.
- The Council seeks nominations from the interested candidates through an open advertisement in the leading newspapers for empanelment as ICCR Chairs.
- Maximum age to enroll in the panel of ICCR is 65 years, having a Ph.D. degree, 8-10 years of teaching experience, working in a central/state university.
- Chairs are deputed for a period of two years and the validity of MoU remains three years.