Conference & Seminar
- ICCR organizes a number of International Conferences on subjects like Indology, Buddhism, Sufism, Indian linkages, Indian Studies and eminent thinkers as Gandhi, Ambedkar etc.
- Other subjects related to Indian culture and civilization, philosophy and society are also organized.
- Conferences are ICCR’s important platforms bringing scholars from India and overseas together.
- These are organized both in India and overseas and help the Council to encourage well-informed debate on cross-cultural, historical and civilizational issues.
- ICCR also extends support to many academic institutions and universities for organizing seminars and conferences on subjects such as Indian Literature, Buddhism, Languages, Indian Art & Culture.
- In keeping with its effort to foster and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other countries, the Council also facilitates visits of Indian scholars, intellectuals, academicians and artistes to foreign countries under the Outgoing Visitors Programme (OVP).
- The programme is an important roof providing exposures and opportunities to the Indian scholars to present their works/papers overseas, as also to take Indian thought ideas overseas.
- ICCR Awards Junior and Senior Research Fellowships to International Scholars specializing in Indian studies in the fields of culture and social science.
Major Events (2018-19)
- ICCR organized 05 International conferences / seminars abroad.
- Supported 07 Conference seminars in India and abroad on India’s Soft Power, Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.
- Among the major conference are 3rd International Conference of Indologists, 2018 at St. Petersburg State University, Russia during 26-28 April, 2018, 1st International Yoga conference held in New York during 20-21 June, 2018, Seminar on Linguistic links between Persian and Sanskrit Language (with special reference to Sanskrit Grammarian Panini) in collaboration with Institute of Humanities and Cultural Studies, Tehran inaugurated by President, ICCR on 1-2 December, 2018, Virat Hindi Kavi Sammelan organised in various cities of UK from September 16-20 September, 2018.
- Vishwa Hindi Sammelan organized in Mauritius from 17-21 August, 2018.
- Council supported 23 Indian scholars to deliver lectures on various topics and also to participate International conferences / seminars.
- ICCR launched a lecture series – Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Memorial International Oration – on the occasion of the World Culture Day on May 21, 2018. The first oration was delivered by Hon’ble External Affairs Minister, Smt. Sushma Swaraj.
- Sermies of seminars on “Delivering Democracy / Good Governance were organized in the US, UK, Germany, UAE and Australia in January and February, 2019.